Saturday, February 14, 2009

Prayer for my family

Just writing to ask you to pray for my family. My grandmother Geneva (mom's mother) has been in the hospital since last Monday with aspiration pneumonia. This is caused by food going into her lungs. She is not able to swallow correctly. "Murie", as we call her, has Alzheimer's and has been in the nursing home over a year. The hospital has not given her any food via mouth since she was admitted and my mother fears that she will lose that function. The doctor wants to make sure the pneumonia is cleared. Murie currently has a feeding tube through her nose and we were told that it would only be temporary. Mom is now wondering if the doctor is going to tell them differently.
My grandfather passed away in '86 and Murie remarried in '94 to a wonderful man Gene who has been a God-send in her illness. He and my mom have been taking turns at the hospital. Pray that my mom and Gene will have wisdom in making the right decisions. My grandmother has really not spoken in over 2 years and she isn't very mobile.

Also, my dad has a terrible cold, as well as my almost one-year-old nephew Knox, and my sister! I, too, am developing a cold! Pray that all will be healed and no one else will get sick.

We are trying to trust God at this time and know that He knows best. I really don't know how to pray, but Mom says to pray that He will wrap His arms around us at this time. It's difficult for me to be so far from family at times like this, but I'm trusting God that He has a reason!

Thanks for your love, care, and prayers!

2 comments:

Kevin, Kara, Kolton, & Kannon said...

We are praying for you and your family!

Lora said...

I'm praying right now. Love ya!