Saturday, February 28, 2009

Another Grandmother is now with Jesus

Geneva Mae Estep Gosnell Guess is now walking, talking, smiling, and singing with Jesus! She was so ready to go Home and went this morning. "Murie" hasn't spoken, smiled much, or even walked much in at least 2 years, so knowing that she is now able to do that brings a smile to my face! It is bittersweet, though, when one loses a grandmother, even if she is with her Heavenly Father. You may recall the post I wrote in early '08 about Granny Cone and the heritage she left. Murie has left one as well. Though I was close to both my grandmothers, I feel this one will be filled with more emotions, as my mom is an only child so my sister and I were Murie's only grandchildren. We spent so much time together with her, especially after Grandaddy died in '86 and she moved to Mt. Olive to be near us. She remarried in '94 to a wonderful man, Gene. Please keep him in your prayers. He was Murie's caregiver for a time, until it just became too much for him and Murie went to the nursing home. She suffered from Alzheimer's. Though it was sad to lose Grandaddy so suddenly, our family has been so blessed with Gene. There is so much more I want to write, but I must finish packing. I'll be flying tomorrow. It will be a long week for us as Murie's funeral will be in Mississippi, while her burial is in Tennessee, where she and Grandaddy were from and he is buried. I covet your prayers on behalf of our family. Thanks for praying for my grandmother and our family these past couple of weeks and days, as she had gotten worse. It means so much to know folks are praying!

1 comment:

Evans family said...

Hi, Ellen. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. You and your family are in our prayers. We will have to chat soon and catch up. It's been awhile. We miss you lots!

Erin