Tuesday, February 17, 2009

News from the Rockies (Part 2)

(For whatever reason, getting the whole newsletter on here was causing me issues, so to read the beginning of the newsletter, read part 1 first...)

January was a travel month for me as I got to attend the national Woman’s Missionary Union meeting in Alabama and the North American Mission Board Missions Education Roundtable meeting at Southwestern Seminary. It was great to connect with others who have the same heart as me in educating folks about missions.
2008 was a year like none other with God calling some dear folks home to Heaven. Not counting my Granny Cone, another dear soul who God called home was “Mom” Karen Harris in Vancouver, who had a short battle with cancer. I’ve known the Harris family for over ten years now and Mom Karen had a way of making me feel so very special. It was her daughter Becky who traveled across the country with me. God knew that Becky needed that vacation because when she arrived back home, Mom Karen told her of her illness. She was gone in less than 2 months. Thankfully, I was able to go for the Celebration Service of her life. Please remember the Harris family in your prayers. My home church in Mississippi has experienced great loss just this past month. Zack Sanford was called home suddenly at the age of 48, leaving his wife, Sheila, a 14 year old son Sam, and twin 10 year olds, Robert and Katie, as well as his parents and extended family. His grandmother Katie was called home a month after his death. Zack and “Mamaw” Katie were wonderful people and both have left a legacy that will forever be in our hearts. Please keep the family in your prayers.

I am realizing more and more how short and fragile life is and that we don’t need to take anything for granted.

Thanks so much for your prayers in my life! It means so much to me to know that folks care and pray. Please continue to remember me as I seek God’s wisdom in all areas of my life, as I re-adjust to the Calgary area and a drier climate, and as I help to educate the CNBC churches about missions.

Here’s my new contact information:
109 Tusslewood Terrace NW
Calgary, AB, T3L 2W4
CANADA
Cell (403) 671-1046
ellen_cone@yahoo.com (same)

Canadian National Baptist Convention
100 Convention Way
Cochrane, AB, T4C 2G2
CANADA
(403) 932-5688
Within Canada: 1-888-442-2272
econe@cnbc.ca


May you experience God’s love in a special way this week and see Him at work around you!

Blessings in Christ,
Ellen

No comments: