Tuesday, May 29, 2007

My Parents' Visit

Mom and Dad left today for their trek back to MS after a week of being here with me. We had a great time together, as we explored some of the Island. PEI is a beautiful place!!! We saw lighthouses, beaches, marinas where lobster fishermen were coming in, Anne of Green Gables 'home', countryside, and more. It was a whirlwind of a week and we are tired, but am so glad they got to come and get a bit of a taste of my new life here. For the most part, the weather was great. Since they drove up, they were able to bring the rest of my things. I had planned on driving up back in Feb, but since I had to sell the Blazer, I had to leave stuff. What great parents to bring it up! My place feels a bit more homey now!! No luck on finding a car yet, but I know God has just the perfect little car for me.
My parents were able to bring up my mirror, help me hang things, and they bought me this area rug that goes just great with my furniture and I think it really adds to my place. I still have a few other odds and ends to do in here and will post later.
Just one of many lighthouses on the Island

Just one of many beaches with the countryside in the distance
The inspiration and setting for the Anne of Green Gables books!! Seeing it has inspired me to try and read the books and watch the movies this summer! Yes, I'm guilty of not doing that, though I've seen some of the movies and know enough about the storyline.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is a really nice blogspot, ellen! very nice pics of your parents and pei! (oh, and nice shot of my car in the spring snow...brings back some cool memories, brrrrr ;) keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

oops sorry about posting that last comment a hundred times :o please delete :) bye!