Thursday, May 3, 2007

Fishing Season is almost here



If I understand correctly, fishing season officially begins this weekend. Many on the Island do this for a living in the spring and summer months. Just yesterday, I saw small fishing boats in a lake and was told that those are shell fishermen~the ones who catch anything that lives in a shell and that they use these two rake like things to scoop the things up, then sort through and sell them. About a month or so ago, I started seeing these lobster traps (in the picture) out while driving in the countryside. The fishermen were getting them ready. When in Beach Point a few weekends ago, the fishing village where the pastor's family is from (he actually left fishing for a living to be a pastor), I had to stop and take these pics of the lobster traps and the boats in the marina. Lakes are thawed out and spring is in the air. I'm seeing greener grass each day! Our church is getting ready for the annual Lobster Supper this Saturday...and I am excited about trying lobster, though I don't think I want to watch them being cooked!! I'll let you know how it taste...

No comments: