Monday, April 30, 2007

If I'm not teaching kids...


I had the opportunity to be on the East Coast Baptist Association's Vacation Bible School training team with fellow Mission Service Corps missionary, Linda Puckett, who's husband is pastor at a sister church. We led in 2 clinics (one on the Island and one in Moncton, New Brunswick) and had a ton of fun and worked really well together. I think a lot of that is due to that she is from Tennessee! If I'm not teaching children, I love to teach others about teaching children!! These clinics have come at a great time because it's really gotten me pumped about the summer and leading VBS again. We're using LifeWay's Game Day Central: Where Heroes are Made. It's a sports theme and for this gal who doesn't play sports, I'm still excited! For those who know me best, you know how I'm a sports fan and love to cheer the teams on! I think I could do VBS every week of the year and be happy! Stressed, probably, but I do love it when it's happening and seeing what God does in the lives of workers, children, and parents.

1 comment:

Alisa Berteau said...

Cool! I am helping out with our VBS this year and we are using the same curriculum. maybe you could give me some pointers... great blog!