Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Second Day of our Journey

It's Wednesday morning and we're about to leave Denver. We drove 15 hours yesterday! But we got to where we wanted and we'll see how far we get today. We've had clear roads, good weather, and another good rate on a room! God is good...
Our happiest time yesterday was getting to meet up with our friend, Kaitlyn Sullivan (and a friend of hers) in Cheyenne, Wyoming. We had a great dinner and laughs together and she gave us U of Wyoming tshirts :)

I am learning some things about my "daughter" Jenna. She is expecting too much from me. Why in the world she thinks I'm supposed to unlock her door, open and close it, I do not know! But I think I will keep her around because she does a great job cleaning all the windows when we stop for gas! LOL! Seriously, things are going well...

After I blogged Monday night, here is what we read in my devotional from In Touch on December 13:
John 14:1, 27 "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me." "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."
Charles Stanley writes: What has a grip on your heart? Think about the things that trouble you...What are we supposed to do with all the challenging situations we face?...Yes, we will experience trials, but through the power of the Holy Spirit, we can endure struggles with the peace of Christ...But how do we move from overwhelming distress to undisturbed tranquility? Begin by focusing immediately on the Lord, not on the circumstance, trusting Him to help you through it. Read the Scriptures so you can understand His perspectives on the problem and search out His promises. Then believe God and do whatever He says, because you can never have His peace without obedience. And lastly, present your troubles to the Lord in prayer, not just with requests for their removal, but with thanks for His strength to endure them.

ok, God...wow! Do I really need to say more?

We can feel your prayers and ask you to continue to pray as we travel, for our health and strength. I am finding that I am mentally exhausted and haven't slept that well, although last night was better than the first.

So thankful for my dear family and friends! oh, Mom's cataract surgery went well! thanks for praying!

No comments: