Monday, December 13, 2010

First Day of the Journey

Thanks so much for your prayers as Jenna and I began our journey South today. I still can't believe what all has transpired in my life in just 4 days. It's one day at a time for sure!
We got into our home country just fine and were so relieved. We made it to Helena, Montana and got a great rate on a room! Would have probably driven to Billings from Great Falls, but because it was dark we wanted to take the interstate and not just the 2 lane highway. We hope to make it to the Denver area tomorrow night.
It was a beautiful sunny day today with mild temps in Calgary and even here! The half moon and starlit sky was sure nice.

God is continuing to show Himself faithful...as He has promised!
Please continue to pray for us as we travel. I'm thankful for a great traveling and driving buddy!

Please lift up prayers for my mom as she has cataract surgery on her other eye tomorrow (Tuesday) afternoon. Things went really well last week and she's seeing 20/20 in that eye! Having such good sight will be a great Christmas present for her...and of course, having me home!

Thanks to our dear sista Mary Parra for sending this to us via text today: "Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." (Isa. 41:10)
That verse came as we were getting close to the border and a bit nervous...

I heard this favorite hymn tonight: "Because of the Lord's great love, we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." (Lam. 3:22-24)


our highlight today? Eating a bite at Sonic in Great Falls!!! it's one of my favorite places and "hit the spot"!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you better be tryin gto contact the stegalls while you are in MS.