Sunday, October 4, 2009

Love Happens

Have you seen 'Love Happens'? www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB4NxGvd4kI

I wasn't sure about going to see it because I hadn't read any reviews and the last thing I really needed was a chick flick and a movie that wasn't worth my money. Well, I can say that it wasn't too bad...I could have done without the language, but that's Hollywood for you. I am not one to recommend a movie when it uses the Lord's name in vain. Take the language and sexual references out and this movie might have an A+ in my book.

I thought 'Love Happens' was gonna be all about a man and woman who meet and fall in love when least expected. Sure, that was the gist of it, but the main character is an author who is now a celebrity because of his self-help book. His wife died and he wrote a book about his experience with dealing with grief. I'm not going to spoil the movie for you, in case you haven't seen it, but the title deals with much more than love between a man and a woman.

This movie has really got me thinking about how I deal with grief. Death has really hit home in the past 2+ years and I sometimes wonder if I have dealt with it all as I should be. We all deal with death differently and it's a process. I'm just thankful that I have God in my life, so I can somehow try to make sense of things.

If you haven't seen the movie and plan to, take your tissues. You'll need them!

No comments: