Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Being Thankful

We celebrated Thanksgiving in Canada yesterday. Even though I've been in Canada for over 8 years now, it still seems wierd to celebrate Thanksgiving in October! But hey, being American, I get to celebrate it somehow next month too!!

With it being the Thanksgiving season, I've been thinking about what I am thankful for. My last few blog entries have been about the difficult times lately, so I thought it was time to be a bit more positive.

Here's my top things I'm thankful for:

~that Jesus didn't give up on me, that He saved me and I will spend eternity with Him
~how God provides for me and I have Him to turn to each and every day
~my precious family who I miss dearly
~friends all around this world
~my Canadian family who shows such love to me and makes me feel like part of theirs (there are a number of families that feel like my own)
~the churches God has allowed me to be a part of
~music that speaks to the soul
~clothes on my back, a car to drive (even if the heat isn't working right now, but it gets me around!), food in my cupboards, a roof over my head in the basement suite of a wonderful couple that I work with
~a wonderful job where I work with incredible people and get to interact with missionaries and help educate our churches about missions
~laughter
~smiles
~children
~and the fun things that life brings

As I communicated with some missionaries last week about stories for our International Missions Offering prayer guide, I told them that I am so thankful for how they give themselves away to advance the Kingdom of God! As I read more of their stories and get their prayer requests, I realize the sacrifices they are making in serving our Father.

What are you most thankful for?

I am so blessed! In the difficult times, may the blessings around us keep us going!

No comments: