Sunday, October 4, 2009

Prayer for my PEI friend, Cindy and her boys

I got word Friday night that my friend, Cindy, in PEI, lost her husband, John. He passed on Friday afternoon, a day after their 4th anniversary. John has been sick for awhile. I pray he knew the Lord and is all healed! Cindy has children from a previous marriage and 3 are still at home: twin boys who are 12, I think, and another son who is maybe 13. Please keep Cindy, Jeremiah, Elijah, Isaiah, and John's children in your prayers. The visitation is tomorrow night with the funeral on Tuesday.


I met Cindy and her precious boys the summer of 2007, when Seth, Freda, Kendall, and I were involved in ministry in Slemon Park, 45 minutes from Charlottetown. I only saw John a few times when I would visit Cindy and the boys. John was usually sleeping because he wasn't feeling well. Community Baptist has been seeking to plant a church in Slemon Park for many years. We feel that Cindy is the 'person of peace' or the Lydia in this area of Prince Edward Island where there is no CNBC church. Community was able to meet some practical needs for Cindy and her family and she and her boys were our faithful ones as we sought to have a weekly ministry in Slemon Park.

I have been able to keep in touch with Cindy since I moved away and was able to briefly chat with her via yahoo yesterday. Obviously, they are very sad and she feels lonely, heartbroken, and empty. She knows that she and the boys will get through this together. Please pray for God's strength and peace during this time.

I also ask you to pray for my friend Frances in North Carolina. She came with a team to PEI the summer of 07, as they did ministry in Slemon Park and another area. Frances' sister passed away suddenly last weekend. Frances is the oldest of eight with neither parent alive and another sister died in early 07, I think. Pray that Frances and her family knows God's peace in a powerful way.

(Frances is 2nd from left, standing)

from the words of Paul: "All praise to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. He is the source of every mercy and the God who comforts us. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When others are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us. You can be sure that the more we suffer for Christ, the more God will shower us with his comfort through Christ. So when we are weighed down with troubles, it is for your benefit and salvation! For when God comforts us, it is so that we, in turn, can be an encouragement to you. Then you can patiently endure the same things we suffer. We are confident that as you share in suffering, you will also share God's comfort." (1 Corinthians 1:3-7 NLT)

No comments: