Sunday, March 13, 2011

Preparing to Leave

It was 3 months ago (Dec 13) that I had to leave Canada and I think my blog entry just before that was 'Having to Leave'. Well, I am now 'preparing to leave' to go back to Canada, the place that has become home and specifically to Calgary and my ministry with the Canadian National Baptist Convention and The Pathway Church!

Just on Thursday, I received the documents I need to get new work visa at the border, I received money that will help with expenses on the road, and my Canadian missionary friend Darla Ponath said that she could travel me! It was neat to see God answer my/your prayers in this way...I don't think I'll believe all this is happening until we are on the road, the work visa is in my hands, and we cross into Canada!

Darla will fly in on Tuesday night, have a chance to speak about her ministry at my home church in Mt. Olive on Wednesday night and we will head out on Thursday morning. We'll stop and see our dear friends Mary and Stafford Bryant in Shreveport, LA. They are Americans who serve as North American Mission Board MSC missionaries with our convention. Mary oversees our Mission Centre in Cochrane and Stafford serves in many different construction projects. They have been in the States since December. Mary has been undergoing cancer treatments and will have surgery on Tuesday the 15th. Please say extra prayers for her. Stafford recently began treatments for prostate cancer, so remember him as well. They are servants of the Lord and we look forward to the time that all of us will be back in Canada. You can follow their journey at www.carepages.com (canadalovesmary). Surely Darla and I will be home sometime on Sunday!

Tonight, the pastor preached on the importance of intercessory prayer. Oh, how powerful that can be! That is the role that so many of you have been taking for me. Please continue!

Pray for:
~my remaining time here and as I sort things and pack up
~for Darla's flight on Tuesday
~for our travels (safety, good weather, alertness, good health)
~for the border crossing and that all goes smoothly with getting the work visa. I feel pretty confident, but one really never knows how these things can go. Even though I have the document needed to get the work visa, that doesn't guarentee my entry into Canada.

God does continue to show Himself faithful. There is so much I could write about these 3 months and much I want to share. I shall do that in small segments in the near future. There were some weeks that each day's devotional/verse that I read went right along with my situation. I continue to be in awe at how God goes before us!

May you see God at work in your life...even in the difficult days and trust that He knows what He's doing! Thanks again for your continued love, support, encouragement, and prayers.

enjoy the moment!

1 comment:

Bo Neal said...

Praise the Lord Ellen! Thank you for keeping us posted. We will pray for you and Darla as you travel. If you think of it, please tell Mary and Stafford we love them and are praying for them. Have a great trip, and once again praise God for how He works. :) Bo