Thursday, March 17, 2011

Alberta Bound - Day 1

The first day of our journey back to Calgary/Cochrane is coming to a close after about 14 hours on the road! We drove from Mt. Olive, MS to Guthrie, OK (near Oklahoma City). We had great weather and nice sunshine and warmth the whole way. We got to visit with Mary and Stafford Bryant in Shreveport, LA, as Mary recovers in the hospital from cancer surgery. It was a sweet visit for us and we would have liked to stay longer, but Mary had had a rough morning and needed her rest. Please keep her and the family in your prayers at this time. Mary will have a month of recovery and then have at least 2 rounds of chemo. Pray for strength and healing. She is very weak and frail...

We know you are praying for us. so keep it up! Continue to pray for safe travels on busy interstates, we will be alert and healthy, and have good rest at night. Pray for a hedge of protection around us. I feel Satan attacking and trying to bring me down (literally), but we know our God is bigger! I've been waiting for 3 months to do this journey back and it's finally happening...!

Darla and I are enjoying ourselves...at least I think we are! LOL! We enjoyed some time on the Gulf Coast of MS on Wednesday as she flew into Gulfport Tuesday night. I had not seen some parts of the Coast since Katrina, so we drove around and saw what remained, is still to be done...after 5 1/2 years. Got to see the camp property at Gulfshore Baptist Assembly in Pass Christian, where I attended as a child and youth and worked at for the summer of '95. The building stands though the 1st and 2nd floors were gutted in the storm. It was somewhat eery seeing it like that with the other buildings around it completely gone...I believe it's in the process of being completely torn down.

Darla shared with my home church in Mt. Olive last night and I know they enjoyed hearing about her and Ken's ministry. Keep Ken in your prayers as he has joined a few others for a mission trip to Cuba for a week.

Oh, how could I almost forget to ask you to keep the border crossing in your prayers. Remember that is where I get the work visa (hopefully with no issues!). Customs and Immigration stuff is so nerve wracking for me, so pray I can "Be Still and Know that He is God". Would you believe that as we walked into Cracker Barrel for dinner tonight, the first thing I see is a beautiful print with that verse on it?! Needless to say, I had to buy it and will find the perfect place for it...

"Keep asking and it will be given to you. Keep searching and you will find. Keep knocking and the door will be opened to you." Matthew 7:7 (verse from 2 separate devotionals on Mar 14 and Mar 15...)

Well, until next time...Keep the prayers coming!

No comments: