Sunday, March 20, 2011

Finally Home!

It is so nice to be sitting in my little basement suite...I have missed this place! It's wierd being back and I know it will take a bit for me to get into a routine again.
I am so thankful for God's provision and His faithfulness and for the prayers of my family and friends during this season of my life. Not counting God's watchcare over me, it was also knowing that so many were praying for me that helped me get through these three months.

We had about an hour at the border last night. The immigration officer needed to see a copy of my seminary diploma/master's degree as proof that I graduated from CSBS, as it is a qualification of the missions ministry position. He knew of this from the 'letter of invitation' I had to present. I had no idea they would need the diploma, since the position had been approved! Praise the Lord that Debbie was home, I knew where my diploma was, she found it, scanned it, emailed it to a friend from work/church who lives on the seminary hill (Thanks Jennifer/Jenna), who could go fax it to the border office from the convention office!! God was definitely in that! For a few minutes, it looked like there was another issue with the document being expired, but the officer had just misread the date! Whosh! I am thankful for the immigration officer who was fairly kind and 'just doing his job'. Once we were in the car and on our way into Canada, it was like a huge burden had been lifted off my shoulders; so many emotions ran through me. Finally...I was actually headed home!!! I settled into my own bed around 2AM!

Praises that we did arrive safe and sound as we drove through rain/snow and some snow packed roads once we crossed into Canada (Darla did most of that driving!). When we were near Great Falls, in northern Montana, there was a rain/snow mix. It was about that time that I texted a bunch of folks to ask them to start praying hard for the border crossing in about 2 hours and to pray for the weather. In less than 10 minutes, the sun was shining and it was clear!!! Thank you prayer warriors!!

It was wonderful to be with my Pathway church family this morning. Only one family knew I had made it back, so it was fun surprising everyone. I got some beautiful daisies and folks enjoyed a 'welcome home Ellen' with Canadian flag cake :) Sweet! I shared with the congregation about the past 3 months and what God has showed me and more. On 3 different days in a week, God showed me Matthew 7:7 "Keep asking and it will be given to you. Keep searching and you will find. Keep knocking and the door will be opened to you". Because I have seen God answer specific prayers, this verse holds even more meaning to me...

I will write more as the days go on and as I continue to process through things.

I ask you to continue to pray for me as I get into a routine here and "set up house" again. I haven't had to shop for groceries for 3 months! I am exhausted, so pray for my physical health. I left my family back in MS and TN, so please pray for that. We had gotten somewhat used to being around each other!

So looking forward to re-connecting with my Canadian family!!!

3 comments:

Mel Cruikshank said...

Ellen.
So Glad you are home safe and sound. So thankful to God that you got through the border without to much hassle. Looking forward to years of working with you.

Mel

Kevin, Kara, Kolton, & Kannon said...

Yeah Ellen! I prayed for you so many times throughout your travel! Thanks for posting to let us know you are safe and sound at "home!" So good to hear your stories of how God has and is working in your lives through all the details! Love you girl!

meltel said...

Ellen...
A sense of peace has been restored to this Country of ours! Or Ellen is back! I've deliberately not called as I figured you'd have a ton to catch up on. Call me when you can!