Sunday, October 3, 2010

A Highlight of What I Do

One of the coolest parts of what I do is getting to connect with our missionaries and be the 'connector' for them and our churches. Some weeks, I am in touch with missionaries daily. Maybe I've received their latest newsletter or prayer requests. Maybe I'm needing to contact them for stories. Maybe we have pastors/leaders interested in an international missions trip, so I am connecting the missionary and the pastor. Maybe it's their birthday! Maybe I am just emailing to say, "how are you? You are being prayed for." I love rubbing shoulders with missionaries in this way!

I am finally going to begin to introduce you to the missionaries that are appointed by our convention in partnership with the IMB. We have 3 appointed, but a total of 17 units that have Canadian connections! It is these 17 that we keep before our churches - sharing their stories, needs, and making prayer cards available.

My friend, Jess, will be leaving on Thursday to go to a country and people group that is very unreached. She will be there for 2 years. God knows where she is going, so as you pray for Jess, He knows her needs and where she is! Jess is a recent university graduate who has already spent time overseas. She is a former youth minister in one of our churches and has a heart for reaching others. She will be leading teams that come into her city to reach the people in her area.

I have the privilege of being Jess' "gatekeeper" while she is away. If you would like to hear more about Jess and her work, just contact me at econe@cnbc.ca and I will add you to her newsletter list.

Pray for Jess as she prepares to leave on Thursday, as she travels, and transitions to a new country.

Standing in the gap...

No comments: