Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A Best Friend's Wedding



I was able to go back to Alberta for a dear friend's wedding in September. Hyun Jeong Bok, aka Little Bok, and I were at seminary together. She was in the college program and I was in the Master of Religious Ed program, while both of us were custodians. There were about a half dozen of us single gals who hung out a lot. Little Bok and I have kept in touch and I consider her one of my best friends. With our special friendship, I couldn't let her wedding go by without being there myself. I'm so glad I was able to be there for her special day. We had been praying that this day would come!


Little Bok & Justin


me, Little Bok, Sung, and Deen Deen ~ Little Bok, Deen Deen, & me were students & Sung's husband was as well

So fun to visit with sem buds!



While in Edmonton for the wedding, I stayed with dear seminary friends, Nathan & Adele, aka Deen Deen, Vedoya and their precious kids, Charis and Malachi. The kids gave up their room for me and Deen Deen made me feel so at home. Their kids are just a few months older than my nieces. Their son, Kai, is my godson, so it was very special to be able to have this time with all of them. The kids and I had tons of fun together! I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends and that we've been able to keep in touch.

I was able to go to the Vedoya's church where Nate is the English pastor at Agape Chinese Baptist. Deen teaches the kids and she interviewed me, so I got to the tell the kids what I do in PEI. What a blessing to make new young friends and have a sweet gal named, Erica, standing beside me, say a precious prayer for me! I, in return, was able to pray for their church. Erica and Diane, tallest gal, made the flowers in the center for me! Sheer sweetness!

The kids & I have a party for the dolls!

I kept the kids while mom and dad went out for a bit. Charis read to me! It was precious as she told me the story from the coloring book.

Kai is almost going to the potty! We thought he had gone poo and we were excited...turns out, nothing there! Too cute!

I had a couple of days in Calgary and stayed with the Eaglesons, a family from my former church. They are precious and always make me feel at home and a part of their family. I was able to visit with some friends and wish I had time to visit with everyone! I really enjoyed my day in Cochrane, at the seminary & convention office, and seeing friends. I don't know a lot of folks at the sem anymore, but what fond memories. One morning, the mountains had a fresh coat of snow! Though I didn't get to take a trip to Banff, I'm glad I got to see the mountains from afar. How beautiful!

the Eagleson/Taylor gals ~ Thanks for fun times, gals!

I had lunch with friends and new parents, Garth & Cara, & little Hezekiah. We met at sem and were at the same church for a time.


Special friends, Fatima, and her boys, Joel and Nour. I have watched these boys practically grow up. Fatima and me are special sisters in the Lord!


Thank you, Lord, for times of refreshing, wonderful friends, & getting back to a place that had become home for me!!

5 comments:

Kevin, Kara, Kolton, & Kannon said...

Wow Ellen! So much going on! I am so glad you got to go back and visit all of your friends at Seminary! I know that was a sweet time!
Looks like your Boston trip was wonderful as well!
Miss you girl!!!

Celeste Cade said...

ELLEN CONE!!!!!!!!!!!! I miss you girl. Be sure to include me, MHBC and my parents church on the list for prayer cards. I help you distribute them if you want to send them to me.

Celeste Cade said...

I miss you Ellen!! Enjoy the beautiful fall weather. It's been cold and rainy in Mississippi the last few days. I am looking forward to a little sunshine. Congrats on the nephew on the way. They are such blessings!

Karen said...

That's an amazing amount of snow you got! So glad you were able to go back to Calgary for your friend's wedding and also to see so many old friends - that's such a blessing.
Merry Christmas!

RoxanneZYG said...

Hyun-jeong is so sweet and looks so gorgeous in these photos! Thanks for sharing! I was searching for her art work and found you instead. I also know Hyun-jeong well and am so happy for her to be married. Her DH is a sweetheart too!