Monday, August 20, 2007

Happy 35th, Mom and Dad!!!!



I couldn't let today go by without posting about my wonderful parents. They celebrate 35 years of marriage today and that encourages me so much!!! I am so blessed to have such Godly, precious parents who have given me all I have ever needed. As I get older and since I have moved away, I realize how blessed I am to have Mom and Dad in my life and that they raised me as they did. I know it is not easy for their oldest to be living so far from them, but they trust that I know what I am doing and that this is where I need to be right now.
They have made sacrifices for me and have taught me so much about life. They drove up with me when I first moved to Canada, flew up for my seminary graduation, drove up the next year and we had a wonderful vacation together, and they recently drove up to my new home and brought the rest of my belongings! It's those things that mean so much~for them to want to see where I live, meet people who are a part of my life now, and to take their vacation time & spend money for me! I pray God's blessings on them as they have blessed me!!!
Mom and Dad, I don't have words to say what you truly mean to me! I think you know as we often leave things unsaid, but we know...
I pray that I can leave a legacy as only you are living out for Christy and me!! Thank you for being such an example for me and others!!!
I LOVE YOU BOTH SO MUCH!!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome. I've been realizing the same thing about my parents as I've gotten older. And my parents just celebrated their 28th on Aug. 17!

Karen said...

Congratulations to them :) And I'm sure they are as proud of you as you are of them. Hope you're doing well, Ellen. I'm jealous that you get to see an Eastern fall!