Thursday, August 2, 2007

A Busy Summer

Boy, am I behind on keeping this blog updated! That just goes to show the busyness of my summer. Though it's been busy, it's been good, especially with one child becoming a Christian last week during backyard Bible clubs! I am enjoying my first summer of ministry at Community Baptist and on the Island. It's just a lovely place to be and a great fit for me at this time in life!
We are gearing up for VBS next week. I think I am a bit to calm right now, considering there are still things to do. Maybe after 5 years of leading VBS, I know how it works and how God takes care of things. Sure, there is preparation, but I also know that I need to remain calm and do what needs doing. We have a team from North Carolina, our 4th this summer, arriving tomorrow night to assist us in VBS. It has been wonderful to have our NC partners with us this summer. Wonderful people and I know I've made some friends for life.
Speaking of friends for life, 'my' girls, Freda and Kendall, left yesterday, so my heart is a bit sad right now. We were practically glued at the hip all summer, so not having them around will be different for me. I continue to be in an adjustment mode, but guess that just comes with life sometimes.
In the midst of all that is going on in my life, God is continuing to show Himself to me and I stand in awe. He never ceases to amaze me and He continues to remind me that He is the Constant in my life! I pray that you experience Him in a mighty way this day!!! I will post pics of the summer when things are a little less crazy.

No comments: