Thursday, July 5, 2007

Meet Kendall and Freda



On June 17, Freda and Kendall walked into my life. They are our summer missionaries from Alabama. What a joy it is to have them around to assist us in all sorts of things at the church, but I think that more than anything, I love their company, zest for life, laughter, love for the Lord, and sharing our Southern ways! Now, I'm not the only one who sounds different around here~just kidding! These young ladies are a breath of fresh air for me and God knew I needed them at this point in my life. It can get pretty lonely down in the church basement and we have tons of fun together. They take me back to being in my twenties and we're just silly together. In just a few weeks time, we have made wonderful memories together & they are so willing to do whatever we ask of them. They were with me as I was looking for a car and finally found one. With having them here, I am also taken back to two of my summers in college, doing exactly what they are doing. I can't help but wonder what God might do in their lives. There is no way that I would have ever imagined that 11 years ago, during my summer in Montana and getting to take a mission trip to Cochrane, Alberta, to work on the seminary and help with VBS at Bow Valley Church, that I would 'still' be in Canada. Of course, 9 years ago in Vancouver, BC, might have played a part as well! Girls, thank you for following the Lord this summer and blessing my heart!! Can't wait to see what God continues to do in and through you this summer and the years to come!!! I LOVE Y'ALL!!!

2 comments:

Shurden Family said...

It's neat to see the girls pics of who is working with you! I hope you enjoy the time that they are there. How's VBS planning coming?

Anonymous said...

Ellen!!! I sooooooo miss you and our fun (crazy) times together!! Remember our dance party in the parking lot at midnight!! haha!! I will never forget that!! Know that I am praying for you and everyone in PEI!! Talk to you soon! Freda