Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Newest CNBC International Workers

It's been way too long since I have blogged. Sure didn't mean to go a whole year without sharing what's been going on in my world. I have no idea who reads this or if folks even really care. But it is an avenue that allows me to share about my ministry in Canada and life here and for me to possibly go back and remember those things.
I wanted to share about my dear friends who are our newest 'international workers' that the Canadian National Baptist Convention (CNBC) appointed and commissioned this summer. Definitely the highlight of my year as God allowed me to be a part of this process with them and that special evening! Working with those special friends who serve overseas is the highlight of my "job". We have a unique partnership with the International Mission Board (IMB) that allows us to appoint our own international workers, IMB doing the training and logistical/field support with our churches providing the salaries through the Cooperative Program and International Mission Offering/Lottie Moon Christmas Offering. We currently have 5 units on the field. The Parra family lived in Cochrane while Cesar attended seminary. He and Mary worked for the CNBC. We ended up at the same church, The Pathway Church, in Calgary as Cesar served as associate pastor in Evangelism. I had the privilege of teaching daughter Rebecca in Sunday School and serving with Mary in children's ministry. Cesar has been in Spain for a week, seeing his visa came before the rest of the family. He went to look for them a house and schooling for the kids. Mary got news yesterday that her and the children's visas came through! PTL! We have been praying for this since July! We know it's all in God's timing. Should you be interested in receiving their updates, just let me know and I will have them include you. Pray for Mary and the children as they prepare to leave Toronto and go to Spain and as Cesar continues on with getting things done in Spain. Pray for continued open doors in Spain for people to hear the Gospel and accept Jesus. Follow them at: http://theparrasonmission.blogspot.ca/

No comments: