Thursday, October 23, 2008

Prayer for Friends

We never know what life will throw us.
I found out last week that a dear friend in PEI is in the hospital with some psychiatric issues. Please pray for her healing! Barbie is one of my closest friends and we've traveled a journey together since June 07. We have a special bond and it was very difficult on both of us when I left. I know God is in control and He will heal her!

Just this past weekend, a precious woman in my life passed away from a short, but aggressive form of cancer. Karen Harris, in Vancouver, was called Home and we'll celebrate her life this Saturday. It was her daughter, Becky, who traveled with me across North America. This family is so very precious to me and took me in as one of theirs 10 years ago. I will write more about Mom Karen at a later date...It is all surreal for me. Please pray for the family and friends at this time. All were trying to adjust to the news of the cancer and death came so soon. She was diagnosed when Becky and I were on the road. Becky found out the day she got home and Mom Karen called me the next day. She had been undergoing chemo and radiation for just 2 weeks. Death is such an ugly thing, but praise God that we have victory in Jesus!

If there's one thing that God is teaching me it is that LIFE IS SHORT AND FRAGILE! We can't take anything for granted. I could not imagine going through this time without the Lord. How do folks cope without Him? If you are reading this and you've not made Jesus the Lord of your life and accepted His forgiveness for your sins, so you can spend eternity with Him in Heaven, I pray you will! Life won't be perfect, but God will be with you each step of the way!

I'll be in Vancouver from Friday-Monday. Pray that it will be a sweet time with the family and friends and that I'll grieve as I need to.

1 comment:

by Messenger said...

We saw your comment on our blog. Would you like us to add you to our newsletter list? We have been living in Canada and working for the past 5 years under Salt (with the IMB,) but felt a calling to return to Asia and continue serving there. Kim Ma was a goof friend from years past. Did the Lord move she and her husband to China?
Love, April