Wednesday, April 2, 2008

What a joy!





What a joy to finally meet and hold my little nephew! He is just precious! When I first saw him, I knew who his daddy was as he sure favors Nathan! Knox will be 6 weeks old tomorrow and is a bundle of joy. He mainly sleeps and eats and poops, but is very alert when he is awake. His little blue eyes are sure looking at something. I know, it's his Aunt Ellen! He has the sweetest little cries and loves to be held! I am so thankful to have this time with him, as I missed out on this early stage of the girls' lives. I met both of them when each were around 3 months old.

Speaking of the girls, I am having the best time with Rosalyn and Katie! Rosalyn loves dress-up, books, princesses, coloring, and taking pictures with my digital. Katie loves books and to be held. She is talking so much more than when I saw her 8 weeks ago. It is so fun to just watch their little personalities. Watching them interact makes me wonder how my sister and I were at that age. They are 2 years apart, while there's 3 between my younger sister and me.
Rosalyn is definitely the bigger sister because she likes to tell Katie what to do and will get a bit frustated as Katie doesn't understand how to do things as she does. Katie is a very sensitive child, so her feelings get hurt easily. She is full of smiles, though! Both girls already have a sense of humor and seem to be just fine hanging out. They aren't always playing with their toys and such. Both the girls seem to be doing quite well with their baby brother.

2 comments:

Karen said...

So cute! Glad you are able to spend time with your family. They sound like great kids :) And I'm sure your sister and brother-in-law are great too, right?

Melissa said...

Hi dear friend! Just wanted to let you know I am on here now... :o)